Sunday, February 19, 2012

uh-fray-d

I'm afraid of wolves
I'm afraid of wearing my hair in a ponytail
I'm afraid of being in big groups of people
I'm afraid of being on fire

I am supposed to inspire them, make them feel united. I'm afraid I won't know what to say. I'm afraid they'll look to me and I will fail.

All that fear wants is to drag me down, and keep me from taking care of my responsibilities. Fear doesn't want me to touch my potential, Fear wants me to hide.

Fear tells me that I'm not important, fear tells me that I shouldn't try.

Fear isn't good company.
Fear isn't worth my energy.
Fear is lying.
I'm not listening to fear anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Mr. Fox: you know, i have a phobia of wolves

    What a "fantastic" opening line.

    Fear is a liar, man. Don't listen to him. If you can honestly figure out how to do this, please shoot me an e-mail. Put in the subject line: Something you should read but will never understand.

    ReplyDelete