Monday, April 30, 2012

Belt Loops

well, today I decided not to think about you
because thoughts of you drag me down
so I set the dial on my brain to block you out
and every time a little thought of you would creep in
my frontal lobe would squish its guts

I was doing very well
but then I saw your dad
then later, your sister
it was the universe was doing everything in it's power
to keep you wrapped up inside my skull

I  g u e s s  t h a t s  w h e r e  y o u  b e l o n g . 

But maybe if I fight thoughts of you with all my might
the universe will do what it did today
and everyday I don't think about you
it will pull you closer to me

I am going to trick the universe
with a little old fashion reverse psychology

yes, this plan is perfect
fool proof

and when it drops you right in front of me
I'll tie our left hands together
and hook our belt loops with a bungee chord

Then, everything will be perfect.

1 comment: