Saturday, October 20, 2012

Collector

Your palm is there in front of me
and I keep trying to walk around it
maybe under it or over it
The lines on your hand aren't changing like I thought they would
and when it rains a small pool collects there
sometimes I can see my reflection in it
then the water drains out where nails left a pore
it scares me
but it's amazing

My eyes have been working too hard

Can't they just take a break from taking in the world?

Your palm is screaming

Alright. 
Take everything
it's not fair
You will just collect all of our thorns and wrap them around your head
with no resentment 
with no restraint
with no second thought

I'll always be in the red

because you won't take my money
all you will take is my guilt and my pain
it's amazing
and I shouldn't be scared

No comments:

Post a Comment