Sunday, March 4, 2012

Purpose

I DON'T BELIEVE IN FATE
OR MAGIC

Everyone wants to believe that if they are good that everything will turn out okay
which is why we are all so disappointed
so we look at ourselves and ask what we're doing wrong
and guilt takes over
still no answers

that's not how it should be
If I want everything to be okay I'm going work to make everything okay
I'm not waiting for an invisible hand to do it for me

God gave me a mind to think freely and hands to fight for what I want
which I am grateful for
so I'm going to stop complaining about what hasn't been given to me
and start working to get it

My purpose hasn't been decided
I can make it whatever I want

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I don't believe in fate or magic. It got my attention immediately.

    "which is why we are all so disappointed"

    I think you're on to something.

    ReplyDelete